Day One

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We moved in today. It's been a crazy, draining day and I need to sleep so I'll post a more substantial post later.

Let me know if you want my new address.

Here's a quick overview of the day:
1. Get up at 0630CT and go to the new house to unload the in-laws' stuff from the UHaul trailer they brought from Midland.
2. Get back to apt by 0800 so that Summer can leave with her mom to meet the contractors and give her mom a tour since she's never been to the house. Saij went with them.
3. While women-folk are gone, pack and load trailer and trucks. We were about 80% finished when the women (and Saij) got back. Ciara and Sky were very helpful in clearing their rooms and helping to bring stuff down to the vehicles. We're in a 2nd floor apt and it sucks going up and down those stairs.
4. After a quick lunch, drive to the house to unload. Contractors already removed about 90% of the floor by the time we got there. I'll upload some pix when I can find the camera. There's a sizable pile of green marble tile and scrap wood from the old hardwood floor next to the garage.
5. Spent at least an hour trying to find a local Uhaul location that would take our trailer before we were directed to a large UHaul facility about 5 miles away.
6. Bought a new bed and a few other essentials.
7. Went home and finished confuguring my FIOS connection.

I'll elaborate more later. Have a good night.

0 comments: