Day 2

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The wood floors are 90% finished and the tile work is to start tomorrow. The office is walled in, the doors hung, and taping/texturing has begun. They've even put in nice baseboards that match the rest of the crown-molding.

Tomorrow is when the finish work is to be done for the office with the goal to be done by Friday so that the tile guys can get their stuff done.

I'd upload some pics but I can't find the transfer cable for my camera nor can I find the silly SD card USB adapter. At least I got my gaming rig up and running.

Pics tomorrow? I think I know where the stuff is...

I hope we're not annoying the neighbors too much. This should be the last day for the loud stuff since the construction is mostly finished and it's just the smaller detail work that needs to be done. There's an HOA here so I'm sure we'll hear something from them if it continues.

We did have our first hiccup: the floor guys accidentally tossed the color-matched trim pieces as they thought it was scrap. They went dumpster-diving for it but to no avail. Needless to say, their boss was none-too-pleased about that as he has to eat the cost of expediting trip here.

My wife has been fantastic in talking with the contractors and firmly asking for what she initially requested. I'm lucky to have her. ;)

More later...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel free to mix in a trip to Fry's and get a cable for your camera! LOL

BTW, are there any Fry's in the barren midwest?